It is very common for Smartphone users to find any app crashing at any time for certain reasons. Facebook app crashing is the similar issue and users face it frequently
Before proceeding with any other troubleshooting methods, check for any update for your Facebook app. Go to the App Store or Play store and see if there is an update available. If you find any update, use it. Now check if the Facebook is running smoothly again. If not, try these fixes:
Force close the app
A simple fix is to restart the app. If you are not able to restart it the usual way, do a forced restart. If you are using iPhone X use these steps:
- Press the Home button two times quickly.
- You will get a list of your recently used apps on the Apps Preview screen.
- Go to the Facebook app and swipe to clear it.
- If there is any other app running in the background, then force close them as well. This will prevent any of these apps from causing conflict with Facebook in the future.
Soft reset/reboot your iPhone.
- Press and hold the Power button. Wait for few seconds until the Slide to Power off menu appears.
- Drag the slider left to right to turn it off completely.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears.
If you find that your iPhone is freezing after the Facebook crashing issue, force it to reboot using these steps:
- Press and release the Volume Up button.
- Press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button until you get the Apple logo.
- Just like a soft reset, a forced restart will not delete your iPhone data.
Update iOS to the latest version.
Install the latest update for your iPhone X. This will help in cases where the problem is inflicted by some system bugs. This will bring in new and enhanced features and fix patches to address certain bugs that are causing the problem.
Go to Settings and click on General. Go to Software Update menu. An update notification will pop up if there is any update.
Before downloading and installing an update, keep a back-up your iPhone data. Many updates automatically override the current settings. Therefore you can lose any customized options.
Uninstall and reinstall Facebook.
- Tap and hold on Facebook icon from the Home screen.
- Once the icons start jiggling, click the X in the top corner to uninstall it.
- Hit Delete to confirm.
- Restart your device and go to the App Store. Look for the latest Facebook version for iOS. Download and install it on your iPhone X.
Reset your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on General.
- Scroll down and click on Reset.
- Go to the option to erase all content and settings.
- Enter your device passcode to continue.
- Confirm reset process.
- After reset is, your phone will automatically reboot. Now start the initial setup process to use your device again.
For further assistance, take the help of customer support.
Read More : Facebook keeps crashing.