Mozilla Firefox is a free web browser. It is very popular among users and is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS and mobiles. It is not completely error free, user face issues like Firefox keeps crashing. In tis article, we will discuss some easy fixes to solve Firefox keeps crashing issue.
First of all, start Firefox in safe mode by disabling the add-ons and extensions then follow below steps:
- Open Firefox and go to Menu icon.
- Click on the question mark at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Select “Restart with add-ons disabled” from the side menu.
- Confirm your actions to enter the safe mode. Click OK.
- To reset Firefox to its default settings, go to menu.
- Click on question mark icon at the drop-down menu. Select Troubleshooting information from the side menu.
- A screen will show up. Click on Refresh Firefox.
- Press OK.
Now restart Firefox and if it doesn’t crash, disable the extensions one by one to find out extension was causing error.
Check your Flash software
Flash software clashes with Firefox. Update your flash software. If it is updated, then disable it from your Firefox client. Go to menu and select “Add-ons” and navigate to plugins. Go to flash software. From the drop-down menu click on “Never activate”. Save and exit.
Restart your browser and check if the problem is solved.
- Clear Firefox cache
- Go to Firefox and click on the menu icon.
- Open history.
- Click on Clear recent history.
- Select the checkboxes and set the time range to everything. Click on “Clear now”.
- Now restart your browser and check if it is still crashing.
Install latest Windows updates
To update Windows, follow these steps:
- Press Windows+S key simultaneously. Type “Windows update” in the search box. Click on the very first result.
- Select Check for updates in the update settings. If there is any update, install it and restart.
Scan for Malware
To Scan your system, follow the steps below:
- Press Windows +S key and type “Windows defender” in the search bar. Select the first result that comes.
- Click on full scan from scan options. Click on scan.
- Restart your computer once the scanning is complete.
Update your Drivers
Follow these steps to update the device drivers:
- Press Windows + R key and type “devmgmt.msc” in the search box. Hit enter.
- Go through the list of devices and update display/graphics driver.
- Check updates for all the drivers.
- From the display adapters drop down, look for your installed display card and right click on it. Select Update driver.
- A dialog box will pop-up asking which way you want to update your driver. Select “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- You can also go to your manufacturers site and install them manually.
Reinstall Firefox To fix Firefox keeps crashing issue
Below are the steps to reinstall Firefox:
- Press Windows+R key and type “Control panel” in the search box. Press Enter.
- Click on “uninstall a program”.
- Search Mozilla Firefox from the list of installed programs.
- Right click on it and go to Uninstall.
- Follow the instruction to uninstall Firefox.
- From the official website of Firefox, look for the latest version of Firefox and install it.
- Go to the newly Installed browser and see if the Firefox keeps crashing issue is solved or not.