People use Youtube for viewing videos of almost all categories. Despite all the features, there may be many people who don’t want to use this platform or they may want to get rid of this stuff. If you are one such user who wants Block YouTube on computer, this article is for you. Here, we will mention some steps that will let you block YouTube on computer.
1. Block youtube on your PC using the browser extension:
For the users of PC who want to get rid of Youtube on their PC, this is the best way they can do it. Here, we have used Google Chrome as the browser. Follow the steps mentioned below to help you Block YouTube on Computer using the browser extension:
- Open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Now download the extension called Block Site. This is the best extension that you can use to block sites.
- In the extension window, click on the button Add to chrome (that is available at the top-right corner of the screen).
- When you are asked to confirm, click on the Add to Chrome button to Add Extension.
- Once you have enabled this extension, you will see an icon on the top-right corner of the screen that looks like the symbol used to ban/block something. Click on this icon to open the list of options.
- From the list options, click on Options.
- On the new window, type the youtube.com and then click on the button Add Page.
- Once you have clicked on this button, you will see the URL of youtube under the list of blocked sites at the bottom of the screen.
2. Block youtube using the settings of your Wi-Fi router:
If you think that someone may browse the youtube despite you have blocked on chrome, you may use the settings of your Wi-Fi router to Block YouTube on Computer. If you block youtube by using the setting of your Wi-Fi router, no one can access youtube using this Wi-Fi network. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Open a browser on your PC.
- Type the IP address of your router in the URL address bar. In case you don’t know the IP address, you may find it in the User’s Manual that comes in the box with your router. You can also find the IP address of your browser by navigating the following path: Settings>Network&Internet>View your network properties.
- Then, you may be asked to log in to the administrative account of your router. Log in to that account by entering the credentials. You can ask the username and password to your network provider.
- Menu of the router may vary but you should look for an option that resembles the following things: Filter/block website/ parental control.
- Add youtube’s URL (youtube.com) in the specified area and then click on Save/block option.
- After you are done with this procedure, try to access using web browser on your PC and see if you are able to do it or not.
In this article, we have told you about the ways you can Block YouTube on Computer. In case, you find any difficulty in doing so, you may contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. Our team specializes in solving issues related to your online media.
Read more:- change Apple ID password