If your Windows upgradation is failed or you force your computer to power off even you still writing to the disk. So, you will get an error message which is in blue color saying bootrec /fixboot access denied. No need to worry. Read this full article to know the exact cause and solutions to fix this issue.
1. Fix bootrec /fixboot access denied if it is on GPT Drive:-
In this article, we discuss to fix bootrec /fixboot access denied when it appears on the GPT Drive. You have to install a Windows media on your system. If you don’t have then, you have to need to create one on your running computer right now. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, you have to download Windows Media Creation Tool.
- Now, take a USB drive which has a minimum of 8GB storage.
- So, insert this USB drive into your system and run Windows Media Creation Tool.
- Now, accept all the agreement.
- Now, you have to select Create Installation Media like USB flash Drive, DVD, ISON file for another system and tap on the Next option.
- Then, you have to choose Use the recommendation options for this new system and hit the Next option.
- Now, tap on the USB flash drive option and click on the Next option.
- After that, you have to select your USB drive from the available list and tap on the Next option.
- Now, wait for a few minutes to complete the process.
After that, go through the below description to make a Windows 10 installation media.
After completing the above steps, insert a USD drive into your system and reboot it. Whenever you get the option of boot from the USB drive then tap on it to start the reboot process.
After rebooting your system, follow the below steps:
- First of all, go with the initial Windows screen and accept the default settings to install the language and also the time and the currency format as well as the input method or keyboard.
- Now, instead of tapping on install now option you have to tap on the Repair your computer link.
- After that, you have to navigate to the Troubleshoot section and select the Advanced option.
- Now, you have to select the Command Prompt
- Then, type diskpart in the command prompt and hit the Enter key.
- Again, type list disk and press the Enter key.
- After that, you have to pay attention to the number of disks and identify which one is the botted disk. Generally, it is in the Dark 0 format. If it is not then finding the number of in your scenario and remember to enter the correct one by following the below steps:
- Now, you have to type select disk 0 and hit the Enter key.
- After that, you have to type list volume and hit the Enter key.
- Then, pay attention to the EFI partition volume number.
- Now, you have to type select disk N and hit the Enter key and also type the one in your own scenario instead of N.
- After that, you have to type assign letter=N and hit the Enter key.
- Make sure one thing that N: can be replaced by any drive letter which is not accepted by any partition. But, remember what letter drive you assign here, and it is also useful for the further steps.
- Now, you have to type exit and hit the Enter button to leave the diskpart section.
- After that, you have to type N or what you assign and press the Enter key.
- Then, you have to type format N: /FS:FAT32 and press the Enter key.
- Now, you have to type bcdboot C:\windows /s N: /f UEFI and press the Enter key.
- Now, you have to need to repeat the running process of bootrec /fixboot command.
- Restart your Windows 10 and check if the issue has been resolved now. If not, then move to the next steps.
2. Try startup repair method on MBR disk:-
If the above method doesn’t work to fix the Fixboot access denied issue, then try this method to fix it.
You have to need to take help from the MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable. It is a built-in tool in the MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable pro. So, first, get this professional manager and go through the below steps to apply it and make a MiniTool Bootable media to boot your system.
- First of all, you have to select a 500MB system reserved partition and select the Format Partition with the help of the action panel.
- Now, you will get a warning message that says this is a system partition and the format process can cause the system to unboots. So, tap on the Yes option.
- After that, you have to select NTFS from your desired file system and tap on the Ok
- Now, you have to tap on the Apply option from the toolbar.
After performing these above steps, you get your Windows 10 which is repaired by the help of automatic Startup Repair utility. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, you have to boot your system with the help of Windows Installation media.
- Now, You have to go to the initial Windows screen and select the language that you want to install, time and the currency format as well as the input method and keyboard.
- After that, you don’t have the need to tap on the install now option so tap on the Repair your computer link.
- Now, you have to tap on the Troubleshoot option and select the Advanced
- After that, you have to click on the Startup Repair
- Once you select it, then it immediately starts to detect the error and try to fix it.
- Generally, it offers the option for the reboot. So, don’t press any keys to reboot your system from the USB drive again.
- After that, wait for a few minutes to load the Windows.
- Now, restart your system and check if the issue has been resolved successfully. If not, then move to the further steps.
3. Run CHKDSK on your system:-
You can use with the installation of Windows disk or use the bootable media tool to fix the Fixboot access denied issue and also use MiniTool Partition Wizard. Follow the below steps:
Use the Windows Installation Disk:-
- Once you reboot your system from the Windows installer tool, then you have to skip the first-screen language and select the Repair your computer option.
- Now, you have to navigate to the Troubleshoot section and select the Command Prompt
- Now, type chkdsk c: /r in the command prompt and press the Enter
- After applying it, you can see that Windows is installed on your C drive successfully.
- In case, the drive letter partition of your system is different then type that real one.
- Now, you have to need to allow the process to complete the reboot.
- Now, restart your system and check if the issue has been resolved successfully.
In this blog, we discussed to fix Fixboot access denied issue. I hope, it is helpful to you. If you have any doubts regarding this, then call our expert team to resolve them. You can also send a text message or an mail regarding your queries to fix them. We are available here for 24*7.