Mac is one of the most used PCs around the world. Though the world uses Windows PCs more than Macs but Macs are still love. The facts mentioned above don’t make the Mac free from faults. Recently, mac error code 43 issue has become one of the most searched issues online regarding Mac. This error occurs when you are transferring files from your Mac to other devices.
Causes of this issue:
- When the name of the file contains two or more illegal symbols.
- you may encounter this issue If you don’t have a proper shared point,
- You may encounter this issue when the download of the file is incomplete.
- If you are moving a file that is already in use, you may encounter this issue.
- When there is a problem in your hard drive you may encounter the mac error code 43.
Now that you are well aware of the reasons behind this issue, it is time for you to jump to the solutions to this issue. Read this article carefully to get proper solutions to this issue:
1. Reset the PRAM on your Mac:
– This is the first solution that you should try to fix your Mac error code 43. PRAM is a small amount of memory that is used in Mac. Mac uses this memory to save some settings that are used most frequently by the user. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Turn Off your Mac.
- When you are turning it ON, press the following keys altogether: Command + Option + P + R.
- Keep on pressing these keys until you hear the start sound 3 times.
- Once you have heard the Start sound three times, you should be sure that the PRAM has been reset on your Mac.
– In case, you didn’t hear the sound three times, repeat the same procedure until you hear that.
2. Check for directory corruption:
– Many times the directory corruptions can cause the mac error code 43. You can fix this issue by using the Disk Utility tool that comes inbuilt with your Mac. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Go to the Apple Menu (that is available on the top-left corner of the screen) and then click on the Restart
- When your Mac is restarting, press and hold the Command + R key until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Click on the Disk utility option and then click on Continue.
- On the left panel of the screen, you will find the list of disks on your Mac. You need to click on the disk that you want to check.(you will select the disk when you click on it) then click on the First-Aid button and then click on Continue.
- Now, this tool will start giving reports regarding your disk and you have to act accordingly.
– You may get three outcomes from the Disk Utility tool:
- If the report says that the disk is about to fail then you need to buy a new disk. Make sure you have backed up your data before moving to a new disk.
- If the report says that overlapped extension allocation error, it means there are several files allocated to the same location. Go to that location and delete the unnecessary files.
- If you get a message saying underlying task reported failure then, you need to format the disk. Again you should create back up of your data before formatting your Disk.
– After completion of this procedure, see if you have resolved your issue. Of your problem persists, go ahead and try the next fixes mentioned below.
3. Get rid of the locked files:
– If any of the solutions mentioned above didn’t solve your problem then, there is a chance that the locked files are causing the mac error code 43. You can get rid of those locked files by deleting them. Follow the steps mentioned below to delete the locked files from your Mac:
- Navigate to the following path Application> Utilities> Terminal after you have turned ON your Mac.
- When the terminal window has opened on your screen, type the following command there: chflags-R nouchg.
- After the execution of this command, find the icon of trash on the screen.
- Double-click on this icon to open it.
- Once in the Trash folder, select the files that you want to delete or you can select all the files by pressing the Command key + R to select all the files in the trash. Now drag all the files from Trash to the Terminal.
- After completion of this procedure, press the Return key to get out of this Terminal Window.
– Now see if your issue has been resolved by following the steps.
In this article, we have mentioned all the possible solutions to fix your mac error code 43. If your issue persists, you can contact us by calling on our toll-free number. You may also connect with us through our website. Our experts can solve all your issues related to PCs.
Call Us : +1-866-558-4555