Facebook notifications inform the users about any updates, any status or picture shared by their friends and many other activities by your friends, pages and groups. But many times, it irritates the user on seeing so many notifications. The user might want to know how to turn off notifications on Facebook? Here we will see steps to turn off Facebook notifications.
Steps on how to turn off notifications on Facebook
Turn off Facebook notification on mobile using below steps:
- Open Facebook app. Go to menu and click on Facebook settings.
- Under “Advanced notification settings”, look for the option to uncheck “Ongoing notifications”.
- Uncheck that option to stop receiving notifications.
Steps to turn off notifications on desktop:
Look for the little black arrow at the top. Click on it.
- Scroll down the menu and click on settings.
- You will find a list on the left of the page. It will have notifications symbol there.
- Click on the notifications symbol. You will get many notification options there.
- Now edit according to your choice.
How to turn off Facebook notifications on Chrome?
If you are using Facebook in the Chrome and want to turn off Facebook notifications, then follow the steps below:
- Open Google Chrome and click on menu icon.
- Click on settings from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and you will find “Show Advanced settings”.
- In the “Privacy and Security section”, look for Content settings.
- Click on content settings.
- Now scroll down and go to Notification section.
- Here, a default toggle is there “Ask before sending”. This toggle asks you if you want to receive notifications from any site?
- Disable this toggle. You will not receive notifications from Facebook now.
If you want to enable Facebook notifications again in Chrome, follow these steps:
- Go to m.facebook.com
- Go to “show notifications” prompt and agree on it.
If you want to enable Facebook notifications on Chrome for Android, see below steps:
- Go to the Facebook website in Chrome for Android.
- Now agree to “allow notifications” when prompted.
- To turn off or disable web push notifications in Chrome for Android, go to Chrome settings.
- Click on Site settings.
- Select “Notifications”
- Tap “Facebook” under Allowed section.
- Click on Notifications under Permissions.
- Click on “Block”.
How to delete notifications on Facebook?
Many times, the user is fed up of so many notifications like notifications regarding to comments on a post shared by you. To remove these piled up notifications, see the methods discussed below for desktop and mobile.
You can delete nearly all notifications, except for the automated ones. You will still get login alerts in the notifications.
Steps to delete Facebook notifications from desktop:
- Open your Facebook account.
- Click on the notification symbol displayed by bell in the upper right corner.
- Go to the notification that you want to delete and click on the three dots at the right corner of the notification.
- Click on “Remove this notification”
- You may also choose from the options like public groups or select the option to receive notifications only from friends.
Steps to delete Facebook notifications on mobile.
- Open the Facebook app from your mobile.
- Go to the Facebook notifications at the right side of toolbar displayed by a bell.
- Go to the notification you want to delete, tap the three dots next to that notification.
- Click on “Remove this notification”.
- The notification will get deleted now.
You can even block notifications from particular users from the inbox using these steps:
- Tap the globe icon at the top of the Facebook page. This icon provides a list of recent notifications and alerts you for the notifications you have received.
- Select the notification type you want to block.
- Keep the cursor on the right-hand corner of the notification till “X” is displayed.
- Click on “X” and you will not be able to receive notifications from that user.
That was all about Facebook notifications, you can turn off Facebook notification easily using above steps. Whenever you want to receive the notifications again, enable it.
Read more: Firefox keeps Crashing