Are you get frustrated with Activate Windows 10 watermark on your system at the corner? It shows as “Activate Windows 10 – Go to Setting to activate Windows”. When you see this on your desktop then a question comes to your mind that how can we remove it. Don’t worry, it is easy to remove. Read this full article carefully.
One of the common reasons for activating Windows 10 is that your license has expired. In case, you have a genuine product key then you can activate it directly, but if you don’t have a product key or serial key then you will see continuously the Activate windows watermark on your desktop.
If you want, then you can use third-party software to activate Windows 10, but there are more chances to get the watermark again on your desktop.
Methods to remove activate Windows 10 watermark:-
Here are many solutions to remove Windows 10 watermark from your desktop. Follow the below-given steps:
Simple notepad trick:-
You can remove Windows 10 watermark with a simple notepad trick.
- First of all, tap on the Start menu button and type notepad in the “search-box” to open Notepad on your desktop.
- Now, press the Enter
- Now, on notepad type the commands which are mentioned below
- @echo off
- task kill /F /IM explorer.exe
- after that, on the notepad navigate to the File section and tap on the Save as
- From here, change the save as type to All files and give the file name as a bat.
- Now, open the file location where you saved it. You will see a file with the settings icon.
- So, select it and right-click on the remove.bat file and tap on the Run as administrator.
- Now, you can see a command prompt will open and closed itself.
- Restart your desktop and you can see active Windows 10 watermark will be removed successfully.
Remove Windows 10 watermark with Regedit (registry editor):-
You can also use the registry editor to remove active Windows 10 watermark from your desktop.
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously to open Run dialogue box.
- Now, type Regedit in Run dialogue box and tap on OK option to open the windows registry editor.
- Before going for further steps first take the backup registry database and then navigate to the following key.
- Now, select HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then tap on the Control Panel
- After that, tap on the Desktop folder option.
- Now, twice click on the PaintDesktopVersion DWORD key which is at the right-hand side of the window.
- After that, change 1 with 0 in the Value data field and tap on the OK
- Now, close registry editor and restart desktop to see the changes effect.
Buy a new Windows 10 product key:-
If you still trouble with activate Windows 10 watermark then there is no other option except buying a new Windows 10 product key to resolve this issue. You can directly purchase this from the Activation menu which is in the Settings section. From there, tap on the Go to store option to purchase it.
Use a watermark disabler:-
Another best option is to use an ideal Watermark disabler on your desktop. You can use “Winaero” which is easy to download and use. Once, you download it, install the same on your desktop carefully. When you install it then you are signed out of the system. Sign in back, and you will no longer see this Activate Windows 10 watermark on your desktop.
In this blog, we mentioned solutions to remove Windows 10 watermark. I hope, it is helpful to you. You can also call our expert team if you have any doubts regarding this.