Bitdefender offers a variety of products like personal firewall, private settings, user control and backup capabilities for its users. many users come across the issue Windows 10 Bitdefender error on shutdown. It can either be either solved by calling Bitdefender antivirus support number or choosing a Bitdefender antivirus support package. When the user shuts down or reboot the computer and an error message pop up saying “A problem has occurred in Bitdefender Threat Scanner
Why does Bitdefender error occur?
One of the common reasons of Bitdefender error is a corrupted Spybot’s dll file. The users who have not installed Bitdefender antivirus on your computer, then also you may face this issue.
Methods to fix Windows 10 Bitdefender error on shutdown.
Fix Spybot Bitdefender error Windows 10
- Go to search box and type “File Explorer.” Hit Enter.
- Paste “C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot-Search & Destroy 2.” Press Enter to start searching for Spybot folder.
- From the Spybot folder, find out the “SDAV. dll” file and right click on it to copy.
- Open “Spybot- Search and Destroy 2” once again and right click on it to paste the SDAV.dll file that was copied.
- Another powerful fix for this error is to reinstall Spybot-Search and destroy:
- Go to Program then Program & Features from Control panel.
- Search for “Spybot search & destroy”.
- Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
- Download new copy of “Spybot-Search & destroy”.
- Install the fresh copy on your windows OS.
- Check if the problem is solved or not.
Repairing registry for Bitdefender.
The first method to fix Bitdefender Error on shutdown involves repairing registry for Bitdefender.
- Press Windows key + R button simultaneously from keyboard.
- In the run box type “regedit.exe”. Press OK to continue.
- Type Bitdefender in the search box. Click OK.
- Select the instances belonging to Bitdefender found after search and press delete button.
- After deleting, press f3 button. Click continue.
- Close the registry, open Bitdefender and look for updates.
- The issue might have resolved now. If not, go for next method discussed below.
Uninstall and reinstall Bitdefender.
If you are not able to solve t6he issue using above methods, then try to uninstall and then reinstall Bitdefender. Use the below steps:
- Go to the official site of Bitdefender and navigate to the download section.
- Look for Bitdefender removal tool and Bitdefender anti-virus.
- Double check on the Bitdefender tool and select installed Bitdefender to remove.
- Click on remove completely and follow the instructions to remove Bitdefender.
- Double click on Bitdefender antivirus file which has been downloaded and follow the instructions on screen.
- The latest version of Bitdefender is now installed.
- Open Bitdefender and check if the issue is resolved or not.
You can even take the help of third-party support company, that is known to give best support for software related issues in desktops, laptops, printers etc.
if still, you face any issue then take the help of Bitdefender customer support. They are available 24*7 to help the customers in solving their issues.
Read More : Turn off notification on Facebook